CAT 2022: The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore is going to conduct the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2022 tomorrow, November 27. This exam is conducted for admission to graduate management programmes at IIMs and partner institutions. Computer-based testing for the CAT 2022 will take place in 151 test cities around India.
To ensure that candidates don’t make any blunders on test day, IIM Bangalore has released advice outlining CAT exam dos and don’ts. The CAT exam guidelines for 2022 provide information on what to bring to the test centre, where to find your test centre and other topics.
IIM Bangalore published the official CAT 2022 test manual on their website — iimcat.ac.in — Candidates won’t be able to take the CAT exam in 2022 unless they bring their admit card for the exam and a valid photo ID to the testing location.
CAT 2022: Dos and Don’ts for exam day
List of Do’s
Candidates have to carry these documents to the test centre:
- CAT admit card
- Photo ID proof (original not photocopied or scanned)
- Passport size photograph
- ** Medical certificate would be required in the case of an applicant using (a) a Pacemaker or (b) implants (metal) or (c) other devices (s) for a medical reason(s).
- Print all the pages of the admit card on A4-size paper.
- Candidates will be requested to go for document verification when the frisking procedure was finished.
- Reach the exam centre in advance
List of Don’ts
- Do not wear clothes with pockets, metal jewellery, thick-soled shoes, or coats
- Never apply mehndi (henna) to your hands
- In the CAT exam room, do not bring any objects such as bags, purses, pencil boxes, beepers, watches, calculators, mobile phones, electronic gadgets, scanners, cameras, or wireless/Bluetooth devices. Such applicants will not be permitted to take the CAT 2022 exam
- Do not attempt to register for more than one CAT slot. This will result in the candidate’s disqualification
- Avoid making any last-minute changes to avoid any misunderstandings
- Never utilise the keyboard during the exam since it will lock up your machine and waste time
- Candidates are instructed not to peek at other people’s screens or practise unfairly
- Take a bio break before the exam
- Follow all the Covid-19 instructions provided in the admit card
- When prompted in the CAT testing room after biometrics, sign the attendance sheet to indicate your attendance
CAT 2022: Exam timings
|Time Slots||Timings||Reporting Time||Gate Closing Time|
|Forenoon Session||8:30 am to 10:30 am||7:00 am||8:15 am|
|Afternoon Session||12:30 pm to 2:30 pm||11:00 am||12:15 pm|
|Evening Session||4:30 pm to 6:30 pm||3:00 pm||4:15 pm|
CAT 2022: Key points for PwD applicants
The following are some examples of testing equipment that PwD candidates may bring to the CAT exam location:
|Testing Assistance||Applicable for||Arranged by|
|Abacus (without calculator)||Visually impaired||Candidate|
|Hearing aid||Hearing impairment||Candidate|
|Wheel chair||Locomotor disability/ Cerebral palsy||CAT test centre, on request in the application Form|
|Magnifying screen||Visually impaired||Test centre on request (System inbuilt feature)|
|Scribe/ Reader||Visually impaired/ Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy and other disabilities||Candidate|