In view of anticipated festive rush during Dusshera, traffic restrictions have been enforced in Noida and Greater Noida, set to commence on October 24. These restrictions involve significant traffic diversions, mainly affecting the area from Rajnigandha to Sector-12-22-56 in Noida, the roads around Noida Stadium in Sector-21A, and Sector-62. DCP Traffic Anil Yadav has provided a helpline number, 9971009001, for the convenience of commuters.
Here is a summary of the traffic restrictions:
- Vehicles will not be allowed to move from Sector 12-22, 56 towards the stadium.
- Movement from Sector 10, 21 towards the stadium will be stopped.
- Vehicular movement will be restricted from Sector 8, 10, 11, 12 Shivani Furniture Chowk towards the Stadium, and from Metro Hospital Chowk towards Sector 12, 22.
- Vehicles will also be banned from moving from Sector-31/25 Chowk towards Sector-21, 25 (Spice Mall), and from NTPC Chowk towards Sector-12, 22.
- The vehicular movement will be blocked from Sector-22, 23, 54 to Sector-21, 25, Sector-20, 21, 25, 26 from Jalvayu Vihar Chowk towards Sector-21, 25 PVR.
Alternate routes will be in place:
- Vehicles heading from the telephone exchange towards NTPC, Gijhod will be rerouted through Sector-10, 21 Tirahe via Jalvayu Vihar Chowk via Nithari.
- Vehicles going to the stadium via Sector-12, 22, 58 can use the route via Sector-57 intersection, Gijhod via NTPC, 31, 25 intersection.
- Vehicles going to Delhi from Sector-12, 22, 56 will be diverted from Sector-56 via Sector-11 through Jhundpura.
For Sector 62, a diversion is included in the plan, to be activated as needed. It will involve stopping traffic on the road leading from Sector-62 post towards Fortis.
- Noida Police will deploy over 150 traffic personnel to manage traffic congestion throughout the city. According to the police, weekly markets on the affected routes will remain closed, and vehicles coming from Value Bazaar Sector-62 towards Sector-62 Chowki will need to use the route via Sector-59.