New Delhi: The 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas convention has been started today in Indore, Madhya Pradesh which will continue till January 10. The theme of the conference has been kept “Pravasi: Reliable partner in India’s progress in the amrit kaal”.
So far more than 3500 expatriate members from around 70 different countries have registered for the conference.
अतिथि देवो भवः 🙏🙏
Attend the 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas and witness the beautiful, detailed, and expressive, sculptures of the Khajuraho Temples#IndoreWelcomesNRIs#PravasiBhartiyaDivas2023#PBD2023#PBDindore pic.twitter.com/PKGUCSD7ew
— MP MyGov (@MP_MyGov) January 6, 2023
Why is Pravasi Bhartiya Divas conference held?
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) convention is a flagship program of the Government of India. It provides an important platform for Indians living abroad to connect and establish contacts and for overseas Indians to interact with each other.
Read More :-NEWS24 MANTHAN 2023 LIVE: WHAT DID GOVT DO FOR INDUSTRY, INVESTMENT IN CHHATTISGARH; KNOW HERE
The 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas convention is significant as it is being organized as an actual event after a gap of four years and for the first time since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. The last Pravasi Bharatiya Divas convention in 2021 was held virtually during the pandemic.
The conference will be held in these three parts
The conference will be in three segments. The inaugural Youth Pravasi Bhartiya Divas on January 8 will be held in partnership with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. Australian MP Zaneta Mascarenhas will be the guest of honor at the Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.
PM will inaugurate
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the conference on 9 January 2023 and His Excellency Dr. Mohamed Irfan Ali, President of the Co-operative Republic of Guyana will address the conference as the Chief Guest and Chandrikaprasad Santokhi, President of the Republic of Suriname as the Special Guest of Honour.
Postage Stamp Will Be Issued
A commemorative stamp ‘Go Safe, Go Trained’ will be released during the event on the second day to underline the importance of safe, legal, orderly and efficient migration.
To highlight the contribution of our overseas freedom fighters to India’s independence, the Prime Minister will also inaugurate the first-ever digital Pravasi Bharatiya Divas exhibition on the theme “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” – “Contribution of Overseas Indians to the Indian Freedom Struggle”. A special Town Hall will also be organized on 9th January in view of India’s current Presidency of the G20.
President will give award
On January 10, President Draupadi Murmu will confer the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards 2023 and preside over the valedictory session. The Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards are presented to select members of the Indian diaspora to recognize their achievements and honor their contributions in various fields, both in India and abroad.
Read More :-#GETOUTRAVI POSTERS EMERGE AFTER GOVERNOR OMITS ‘SECULAR TEXT’ IN ASSEMBLY, SUGGESTS RENAMING TAMIL NADU
• The first session will be on ‘Role of Diaspora Youth in Innovations and New Technologies’ chaired by Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur.
• Second Plenary Session on ‘Role of Overseas Indians in Boosting Indian Healthcare Eco-system in Amrit Kaal: Vision @ 2047’ chaired by Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Dr. Rajkumar Ranjan, Minister of State for External Affairs Will be co-chaired by Singh.
• The third plenary session will be on ‘Leveraging India’s soft power – goodwill through crafts, cuisine and creativity’ chaired by Minister of State for External Affairs Meenakshi Lekhi.
• The fourth plenary session will be on ‘Enabling Global Mobility of Indian Workforce – Role of Indian Diaspora’ chaired by Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Education, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
• The fifth plenary session will be chaired by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on ‘Harnessing the Potential of Overseas Entrepreneurs towards an Inclusive Approach to Nation Building’.