Dhanteras 2022: This year, Diwali is on October 24 while the holy festival of Dhanteras is on October 23. On the Trayodashi Tithi of Krishna Paksha in the Kartik month, it is observed. Other names for Dhanteras include Dhan Trayodashi and Dhanvantari Jayanti. The five-day festival of Diwali has just begun. The day of Dhanteras marks the beginning of the Diwali festivities.
It is believed that the nectar urn from the churning of the ocean (sagar manthan) is appeared on this day with Lord Dhanvantari, the founder of Ayurveda. This is why it has been customary to purchase utensils on Dhanteras each year. On the day of Dhanteras, it is stated that anyone who makes auspicious purchases of gold, silver, utensils, land, and property will see a rise of thirteen times that amount.
It is the customs that everyone purchases new items on the occasion Dhanteras. If you purchase even one of these seven items, your home will be prosperous. These actions are thought to delight Goddess Lakshmi.
Also Read: GOLD PRICE UPDATE: Gold tumbles on Diwali; Golden time to invest in Gold; Also know sovereign gold bonds
Remember to buy these seven items on Dhanteras
- There are several silver coins available in the market. It is challenging to distinguish between the real and the fake coins. Purchasing a coin from a government bank is preferable.
- On Dhanteras, you can purchase a silver Lakshmi-Ganesh. Purchase a clay Lakshmi-Ganesh idol. Remember that they ought to be as tall as your thumb. You must perform daily worship of an idol in accordance with the law if you purchase one that is larger than this and place it in your home’s temple. Do regular incense. This will increase your wealth.
- Must buy coriander seeds on the day of Dhanteras. Coriander is considered a symbol of wealth. At the time of Lakshmi Puja, after offering coriander to the goddess, sow some seeds in your garden and keep some in the vault along with cowrie and gomti chakra.
- On the day of Dhanteras, apart from giving gold and silver ornaments to the Lakshmi of your house i.e. your wife, you can also offer red clothes and sweets. It is considered auspicious.
Also Read: Google terms CCI order ‘major setback’ for Indian businesses, consumers
- Bringing silver idols of Lakshmi ji and Ganesh ji home on this day increases wealth, success and progress in home-office, business organizations.
- It is also customary to buy silver on the day of Dhanteras. The reason behind this is believed to be that it is a symbol of the moon, which provides coolness and the wealth of contentment resides in the mind. Contentment is said to be the greatest wealth, he who has contentment is healthy, happy and he is the richest.
- Health and well being is wished from Lord Dhanvantari who is also the god of medicine. People also buy idols for the worship of Lakshmi Ganesh on the night of Diwali on this day itself.
Read More :- Latest Business News