Delhi Budget 2023: Delhi Finance Minister Kailash Gehlot proposed a Budget of Rs 78,800 crore in the Delhi Assembly on Wednesday. Gehlot said that he would have been happier if Manish Sisodia had presented the budget, he considered Sisodia as his elder brother. He added, “the wishes of children all over the world are with Manish Sisodia. This is the ninth budget of the Delhi government and my first.”
Kailash Gehlot said that between 2015-23, the network of Delhi Metro doubled. Today the number of buses has increased to 7,379, which is the highest. Today the government has made Delhi a tricolor city. The upcoming budget is important for Delhi as we are hosting the G20. That’s why this budget is dedicated to clean, beautiful and modern Delhi.
Delhi Budget 2023 Live Updates…
- In the budget speech, 1600 new electric buses, electrification of 57 existing bus depots of Delhi, three new world class ISBTs, three garbage mountains have been proposed.
- Mohalla bus scheme will be started. Under this, 9-meter-long electric buses will ply on roads.
- 722 crore has been proposed for new flyovers.
- Three unique double decker flyovers are being constructed. Metro will run above and trains below on the double-decker flyover. 321 crore has been proposed for this.
- 3126 crore has been proposed for the scheme related to roads and bridges. Kailash Gehlot said that the Delhi government will give Rs 850 crore as loan to the local body (MCD).
- It is proposed to beautify 1400 km of the entire PWD road network. In addition, 26 new flyovers/underpasses and bridges will be constructed.
- Finance Minister Kailash Gehlot said that in the year 2015, Delhi’s budget was Rs 41 thousand crore, which has increased to Rs 78 thousand crore in 2023.
The network of Delhi Metro doubled between 2015-23. Today the number of buses has increased to 7,379, which is the highest. Today the govt has made Delhi a city of tricolors. The upcoming budget is important for Delhi as we are hosting the G20. So this budget is dedicated to a… pic.twitter.com/2A07rxm5Kz
— ANI (@ANI) March 22, 2023
Read More :- Latest Business News