PAN card, Aadhaar card link alert: Individual taxpayers with a valid PAN and Aadhaar number should link both personal identification documents to file their income tax returns. The PAN card, or Permanent Account Number, is the most important document for all financial transactions. It includes a 10-digit alphanumeric PAN number. No financial transaction can take place unless it is used.
If you have a PAN card but have not yet linked it to Aadhaar, this is important news for you. If the card holder does not link the Permanent Account Number (PAN) to the Aadhaar card, the card will become inactive after March 2023. This was stated by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) in early March. This gives you four months to prepare. Your PAN card will be closed, and your problems will begin.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) imposed a Rs 1000 late penalty for linking Aadhaar with PAN after June 30. No one will be able to link their PAN to their Aadhaar unless they pay the late fee. PAN and Aadhaar numbers can be linked until March 31, 2023.
According to the Income Tax Department’s website, “CBDT has extended the deadline for linking Aadhaar with PAN from March 31, 2022 to March 31, 2023.” You can link your Aadhaar to your PAN until March 31, 2023. You must pay a fee of Rs. 500 until June 30, 2022, and a fee of Rs. 1000 beginning July 1, 2022.”
Here are steps to PAN to Aadhaar:
- Find the new e-filing portal 2.0.
- Now, select the ‘Our Services’ tab.
- Choose the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option.
- Fill out all of your information on the new page.
- Fill in your PAN, Aadhaar Number, Aadhaar Name, and Mobile Number.
- Tick the box that says “I agree to validate my Aadhaar details.”
- Enter the 6-digit OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and press the ‘Validate’ button.
- After clicking, a message appears informing you that your link PAN with the Aadhaar request has been submitted.
- SMS is used to connect PAN to Aadhaar.
You must enter UIDPAN into your phone. Then enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number. After that, enter the 10-digit PAN number. Send the message from step 1 to 567678 or 56161.