The discipline of medicine has been a crucial and indispensable pillar in the history of any society. In a world where everything evolves rapidly, medicine has retained a position like no other. However, this is not to say that this field has remained entirely stagnant. But the core idea has always been finding ways to enhance, protect, and prolong human life. Today, medicine has advanced to heights that were unimaginable just a few years ago. This rapid, fast-paced change is ably assisted by doctors who have dedicated their lives to this noble cause. What it means to be a doctor might have changed from then to now, but the process, the procedure, and, unsurprisingly, the difficulties of becoming one have more or less remained similar.
For any doctor, establishing their practice is the cornerstone of their growth. However, this does not come easy. There are infrastructural, logistical, and procedural constraints involved in this. But the most significant constraint is financial. Funding is needed to establish and set up a doctor’s clinic. Business loans for doctors have become a new and exciting topic of discussion in the market. Let’s dive into this a bit more.
What is a Doctor Loan?
Simply put, a doctor loan is a means to fund the financial needs of a doctor or a physician. It applies to all those doctors who want to own their clinic or physicians who practise in private or government hospitals. This loan can be used professionally to either set up a new practice or expand an existing one. It can also be used to fund medical equipment and infrastructure requirements. What is interesting about these loans is that they don’t require collateral, unlike other loan instruments. They are now available at attractive interest rates too.
Benefits of a Doctor Loan
- For doctors who have just completed their post graduation or want to establish their independent, new practice, a doctor loan is the best way to get their career kickstarted. But this is not an easy task. Starting a practice is akin to starting a new business. The working capital requirements are massive, the business expertise needed is high, the manpower requirements are significant, and the process is a long-drawn one. Here’s where a business loan for the doctor can help. Apart from providing financial help, these loans also introduce doctors to an ecosystem of medical financing that can be leveraged.
- Medical practice is not limited to the expertise and skill of the doctors themselves. Almost every diagnosis requires medical equipment and infrastructure to test, support and determine the doctor’s final course of action. Unsurprisingly, medical equipment is almost always expensive. A doctor loan can come in again to fill this financing gap.
- It is understood that all doctors would like to expand their practice and gain more patients. To do so, they require good word-of-mouth and consistent equity amongst their patients. Doctors who want to expand their practice will have several varying requirements – more space, more significant medical facilities, more personnel for assistance, greater accessibility hours – and so on. While some of these are personal to the doctor’s skill, most of these are financially bound. Thus, the need for a business loan for doctors resurfaces in this arena.
- As medical concerns and ailments increase and health worries prevail among people, there is a pressing need for specialists and professionals with a niche in one domain. People’s health concerns are becoming more and more specific, and there is a need to be treated by a highly specialised doctor. Studying for and practising in a specialised medical domain is highly expensive. Therefore, this is another arena where a doctor loan could help.
- Like everything else around us, the healthcare space is also changing. Technology integration in this domain has made healthcare more robust and efficient. As healthcare moves to the digital domain, such data will also carry online. Crucial and critical patient data is increasingly being stored on cyber domains and cloud systems. However, this makes patient data vulnerable to data theft and violates the doctor-patient confidentiality clause. Therefore, hospitals and clinics are investing in robust cybersecurity systems that protect patient data from such threats. These systems come at a very high initial, one-time cost. It is expected that hospitals and healthcare personnel who invest in such measures will be held in better stead by patients in the future.
- When everything in the world is moving towards digital, it is unsurprising that healthcare and medicine should adopt this trend. Doctors and hospitals can digitise their operations to serve their patients better. Digitisation is done by digitising patient records, billing software, hospital management software, and so on. This can be ably assisted by a doctor loan.
- It has become desirable for doctors and hospitals to have their in-house pharmacy. It is more convenient for the patients and offers security when the medicines are procured and sold in-house. Setting up this pharmacy, however, requires a significant down payment that can be supported by a doctor loan as well.
Types of Doctor Loans
- Working capital loans: This enables doctors to fulfil their daily working requirements. Anything that requires immediate cash can be funded using this loan instrument.
- Business loans: As the name suggests, this loan type is specifically for doctors looking to set up an organisation-like practice.
- Medical equipment loans: Medical equipment funding is a large-value transaction that requires external funding. A medical equipment loan can come in handy in that case.
- Loan against Property (LAP): Under LAP, a loan is offered in exchange for a property as a mortgage.
While the interest rates on doctor loans are majorly attractive, it is essential to note that a doctor loan’s eligibility and documentation process is more intensive than a regular personal loan. They measure three main parameters – the credit and financial history of the doctor, the time spent in practice (it has to be a minimum of 5 years), and overall business profitability. Having all your documentation and proofs in advance could be helpful while undertaking this process.
Ultimately, it is undeniable that a doctor loan can do wonders in growing, enhancing, and boosting your practice. Get started with your research and find out which lender best suits your needs before zeroing in on one.
Read More :- Latest Business News