New Delhi: The Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 will be the first product to be launched from the Chennai-based motorcycle manufacturer in 2023. The new cruiser first broke cover at EICMA 2022 in Milan, followed by its India debut at Rider Mania in Goa. The model will go on sale in the first weeks of January 2023. The official launch date has not yet been announced.
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Price
The new Super Meteor 650 will be available in two variants – Standard and Tourer, which are estimated to be priced at around Rs 3.5 lakh and Rs 4 lakh respectively. It will be the most expensive Royal Enfield offering in the country.
– While the Standard variant will be available in Astral (Black, Blue, Green) and Interstellar (Grey and Green) color schemes, the Tourer version can be had in Celestial (Red and Blue) color variants.
– Features such as a larger windshield and larger backrest and seatbacks are exclusively available on the Tourer variant. The standard variant is essentially a stripped down version with a small passenger seat.
– The Royal Enfield Meteor 650 will be the brand’s third model to be designed on the RE 650cc platform. However, it has a completely new chassis offering a better head angle.
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Specifications
The overall length, width and height of the new Royal Enfield 650cc motorcycle are 2260 mm, 890 mm (without mirrors) and 1155 mm. It has a wheelbase of 1500 mm and a ground clearance of 135 mm. Cruiser offers a seat height of 740 mm. It has a curb weight of 241 kg (with 90% fuel and oil) and offers a fuel tank capacity of 15.7 litres.
Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Features
- Royal Enfield’s new 650cc bike is powered by a 648cc air-oil-cooled parallel-twin engine that is sourced from the RE 650 twins. Although the bike maker says the unit has custom mapping and gearing and offers 80 percent of the peak torque at 2,500 rpm.
- The engine delivers a maximum power of 47 hp at 7,250 rpm and a torque of 52 Nm at 5,650 rpm. It has a six-speed gearbox with constant engagement.
- The braking system of the new Royal Enfield cruiser includes a single 320 mm disc and a 300 mm disc at the front and rear. It is equipped with a dual-channel ABS (anti-lock braking system).
- Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 is the company’s first model to come with Showa USD fork and full LED headlamp. It is also the first RE to receive Tripper Navigation as standard equipment.
- Some of its key design elements include circular headlights and taillights, drop-shaped fuel tank, black finish on the engine cover and head. The bike was fitted with 19-inch front and 16-inch rear alloy wheels and CEAT Zoom Cruz tires.
- The RE Super Meteor 650 will be available with a wide range of accessories including bar mirrors, solo paver, machined wheels, deluxe footpegs, LED indicators, touring windshield, touring handlebars and more.
Read More –Latest Auto News