VIDEO:Yuvraj's 6 sixes in 6 balls..This day 10 years ago
| Sept. 19, 2017, 7:18 p.m.
New Delhi, Sep 19:It was exactly 10 years ago on September 19 that Yuvraj Singh rewrote history and wrote his name in record books. He had hit 6 consecutive sixes off six balls .The poor bowler who suffered at his hands was English pacer Stuart Broad. It had happened during the India-England match of the inaugural ICC World Twenty20 in South Africa in 2007.
That one over helped Yuvraj made everyone forget the solid start given in the match by Virender Sehwag (68) and Gautam Gambhir (58). What had provoked and charged Yuvraj to go for an onslaught was sledging by Andrew Flintoff at the end of the previous over. It was fourth time that 6 sixes were hit in 6 balls, but it was a firts in T20 International match.
How it happened
1. Yuvraj swung first ball over midwicket, ball lands outside the stadium.
2. Second ball flicked behind square for six more.
3. Third ball, Yuvraj backs and hits six over cover, crowd was going mad.
4. Fourth ball, Broad comes around the stumps, balls a full toss. Yuvraj hits six over backward point
5. Fifth ball, on bent knee Yuvi hits another six over mid wicket
6. After balling the sixth ball, Broad turned his head back as if he knew what is going to happen. He was right. Yuvi had hit the ball over mid wicket to make it six in six.
In the process, Yuvraj had hit a 50 in 12 balls, fastest in T20s.
Sad that 10 years later, Yuvi is struggling to find a place in team.