New Delhi, July 10, News24 Bureau: As long as there is life, hope persists. As the process of a massive rescue, operation continues, and nine precious lives have been saved, comes the news of the rescue all the 13 trapped in Thai cave. The last to be rescued was a boy along with the coach, The Straits Time reported.
Minister & Deputy Chief of Mission, Royal Thai Embassy came out with a remarkable observation on ongoing rescue operation at Thai cave, "Coach was a Buddhist monk before joining the team, he used his knowledge of meditation to keep the boys calm.Thailand has learned Buddhist wisdom from India through Lord Buddha." India will have a reason to smile on this statement.
Earlier, in the day eleventh person was rescued on Tuesday from a flooded Thai cave complex where 12 boys and their soccer coach were trapped for more than two weeks, raising hopes all 13 would be out by the end of the day.
The 10th boy was rescued from flooded Thai cave and now only two more are inside.
This is according to the agencies which are quoting witnesses as saying that the tenth boy has also been brought out of the flooded cave in Thailand.
They say the ninth and 10th boys were seen coming out one after the other, the first ones to be rescued on Tuesday, according to The Guardian.
With these two out, only two more boys with coach remain trapped in the cave. They are also expected to be brought out by evening.
The ninth boy was rescued from Thai cave from the remaining four and the coach had been rescued from the flooded Thai cave, taking the number of rescued persons to nine. Rescuers will today extract all the remaining persons who have been trapped deep inside the cave for 18 days, the mission chief said.
However, heavy rains are threatening their perilous escape route.
With rain again pounding the cave site in a mountainous region in northern Thailand on Tuesday morning, rescuers said they were aiming to bring out the remaining four boys and their coach by the evening.
"(They) will be extracted today," rescue chief Narongsak Osottanakorn told reporters, adding the journey out should be faster than on previous two days.
With the emergence of the second batch of four boys on Monday evening, the number of rescued persons reached eight.
"All eight are in good health, no fever... everyone is in a good mental state," Jedsada Chokdamrongsuk, permanent secretary of the public health ministry, told reporters on Tuesday.
However, the boys would remain in quarantine until doctors were sure they had not contracted any infections from inside the cave.