New Delhi, June 6: A four-year-old boy suffocated to death while three other family members were injured early on Wednesday after a fire broke out in a house here, a fire officer said.
A call was received at the Delhi Fire Service (DFS) control room regarding a fire in a DDA flat in south Delhi's R.K Puram at 1 a.m., he said, adding that three tenders were rushed to the spot and the flames were doused by around 2 a.m.
"Abhinav, 4, died due to suffocation while his grandmother Darshana, 74, his father Pankaj, 37, and mother Swati, 34, were injured during the rescue operation at second floor.
"The injured persons are being treated in a private hospital," Station House Officer (SHO) Harish Chander told IANS.
"Prima facie, it appears that the fire broke out due to short circuit in wires when the entire family was asleep."
Pankaj works as a stenographer in Udyog Bhavan.