New Delhi, Feb 25: Bollywood veteran actress Sridevi passed away on Saturday midnight after a severe cardiac arrest at the age of 54. Sridevi is considered as one of the most successful actor or performer, who could completely change herself according to the character of the movie. She started her career in 1969 with South Indian film 'Thunaivan' as a child artist. Her Career in Bollywood started with 'Solva Sawan' in 1979 and after that nothing stopped Sridevi to become a great actress.
Here are 10 interesting facts of Sridevi:
1. Sridevi was born on August 13, 1963. Previously, she was named Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan, but later changed it.
2. Sridevi lost her father during the shooting of Yash Chopra's Lamhe in London. She flew for the last rites and returned to work to shoot a comedy sequence with Anupam Kher.
3. Sridevi started her career at the age of four in Thirumugham's devotional film, Thunaivan (1967).
4. Not most people know that Sridevi was down with 103 degrees fever, while shooting Chalbaaz's famous song 'Na Jaane Kaha Se Aayi Hai'.
5. Sridevi has also won 5 Filmfare Awards for Best Actress in a leading role.
6. Sridevi was the first choice for the film 'Beta'. But she declined the offer because she had already done a string of films with Anil Kapoor.
7. Sridevi was also considered for a role in Jurassic Park. Steven Spielberg wanted to cast her for a role. But she was at the peak of her career in Bollywood then and had rejected the offer.
8. Sridevi was director duo Abbas Mustan's first choice to play the female lead in 'Baazigar'.
9. Sridevi was 13, when she played the role of Rajinikanth's stepmother in a Tamil film called 'Moondru Mudichu' (1976). Years later she played his love interest in 'Chaalbaaz' (1989).
10. When she made her debut in Bollywood, Sridevi was not comfortable talking in Hindi. Sridevi dubbed for her dialogues for the first time in Chandni.