New Delhi: You can use cosmetics to cover up some facial flaws, but if you have acne on your face, you can't completely hide it. Washing your face with mild cleanser and keeping hair spray and styling gel away from your skin can help you in a big way, says an expert.
Karuna Malhotra, Cosmetologist from Cosmetic Skin and Homeo Clinic, lists steps that one should follow religiously to get rid of acne.
* Wash your face with mild cleanser only once or twice a day with lukewarm water. Avoid scrubbing or using harsh abrasive products. Also, make sure one that you are washing your face in the evening to remove makeup and dirt.
* Some patients will squeeze acne in an attempt to try to open up a clogged pore. However, this usually leads to further inflammation, which makes the acne look worse and last longer. Please don't squeeze it and use Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic acid face wash with a balanced PH for acne patients. This will also shrink the acne eruption gradually.
* Protect your skin from the sun. It may seem like tan masks acne, but it's only temporary. A tan may worsen your acne. Tanning also causes damage to skin that will eventually lead to wrinkles and increase your risk of skin cancer.
* Remember to wash your face after exercising because sweat can clog your pores and make your acne worse.
* If you use skin products, such as lotions or makeup, look for ones that are non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic, which means that they don't clog pores.
* If you can't live without your hair spray or styling gel, be sure to keep them away from your face as much as possible. Many hair products contain oils that can make acne worse. Try to use water-based products.
* If you get acne on areas such as your chest or back, avoid wearing tight clothes, which can rub and cause irritation.