Don't Miss doing these 5 things on Bhaiya Dooj for your brother!
| Oct. 21, 2017, 10:30 a.m.
New Delhi, Oct 21: The fiv-day celebrations of Diwali, which starts with Dhanteras, finally ends with Bhaiya ooj. This is a festival where sisters put 'kesar-tilak' on the forehead of their brothers, wishing them good luck, prosperity and happiness. It is called by different names in different parts of the country. Bhai Dooj or Bhau-Beej or Bhai Tika or Bhai Phonta is a festival celebrated by Hindus of India and Nepal on the second lunar day of Shukla Paksha in the Vikram Samvat Hindu calendar month of Kartika.
Legend goes that Surya's children Yam and Yamuna were very close to each other and Yam had gifted plentiful gifts when Yamuna put Tilak on hr brother's forehead. Don't miss oing these 5 things fo your brother today:
1. Before putting Tilak on your brother's forehea, first pay your obesience to Lord Vishnu and Ganesha. Month of Kartik belongs to Vishnu and all pujas are performed first by worshipping him. Ganesha, because all good things start with his name.
2. The tilak should be of Kesar as it has a significant importance. Kesar is considered a pious herb and has a cooling ffect on forehead.
3. Don't forget to o your brother's aarti on that day. legen has it that it wards off all evil.
4. Make your brother sit in the boundry that you make from rice paste. He must sit inside that circle when you o his tilak. The boundary is said to be the boundary of faith an security built by sister to protect her brother from all evils.
5. Feed the first morsel from your own hands to your brother.