Mumbai: A new and more colourful Rs 50 note is on its way. The Reserve Bank of India will shortly issue Rs 50 notes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of RBI Governor Urjit R. Patel. The new note bears picture Hampi with Chariot on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage. The base colour of the new note is Fluorescent Blue. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse (front) and reverse.However, all current rs 50 notes will continue to be legal even after the new notes are introduced.
Main Features of New Rs 50 note
1. See through register with denominational numeral 50,
2. Denominational numeral ५० in Devnagari,
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre,
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘INDIA’ and ‘50’,
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI,
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait,
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right,
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (50) watermarks,
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left,
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan,
12. Language panel,
13. Motif of Hampi with Chariot,
14. Denominational numeral ५० in Devnagari.
15. Dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm x 135 mm.